Order Custom Pet Portraits
Pet Portraits are a wonderful thing to have. I know this first hand. Several years ago my best-fury friend died after being by my side for 22 years. I had painted her portrait just months before she died and it was such an incredible comfort to have after she left this world to go to kitty heaven.
I paint from photographs, so the better the photo the better the painting. You can send these digitally or by snail mail. Don’t worry I will return your photograph. Please send me several photos to choose from and I will select which one would make the best composition. Here are some photo tips:
- Be sure to send me photos that best represents your buddy, maybe one that shows off his/her little attitude or lying in their favorite spot or playing with their favorite toy or even dressed in the best sweater.
- This maybe a photo you all ready have or you may want to spend an afternoon getting the perfect pose.
- Take a ton of pictures; you never quite know which one will make the best painting.
- It is best for you get down on all fours to get an angle that is very becoming, in most cases this would mean when your eyes or the eye of the camera is equal to their eyes.
- Try to get as close to your little friend as possible, but don’t cut off their ears.
- To get the right colors for their coat be sure to take the photograph with bright lighting. Daylight or outside would be the best or if taken indoors take the picture while the sun is bright coming in the window.
- Light coming from the side is the most interesting.
- Do not use your flash this will distort the colors and wash out any interesting shadows.
- You can send me high resolution photographs as an attachment and we’ll work together to create this wonderful keepsake. Don’t be scared to contact me with any questions you may have, I won’t bite.
- 8 x 8 = $135
- 8 x 10 =$170
- 10 x 10 =$210
- 12 x 12 =$305
- 11 x 14 =$325
- 18 x 14 =$650
- 16 x 20 =$800
If you want to add additional pets to the painting add $100 to total and I would suggest a larger canvas.
* *Add $20.00, (unframed artwork) for packing and shipping via Insured Mail. Cost is calculated by averaging the U.S. Post Office rates.
After I receive your photos we will arrange a time to discuss your painting. If you have any questions prior to that just send me an email. email@example.com